Dr. Sardon Melo is a specialist in diabetic foot and wound care and regenerative medicine. A graduate of Universidad Complutense of Madrid, he also received a Master in Science degree in health research from the University. He has published numerous articles on diabetic foot pathology, is a member of the scientific committee of Gulf Diabetic Foot and has been recognized for his outstanding scientific writing and research.
- Graduated in Podiatry by Universidad Complutense of Madrid. Graduated with Honored (Best Academic Student Award of 2006/2009 promotion) at Universidad Complutense of Madrid. College of Podiatry.
- Master in Science (MSc) postgraduate degree in Human Health’s Research 2010/2011 by Universidad Complutense of Madrid. College of Podiatry.
- Third Year Resident at University Podiatric Clinic. Universidad Complutense of Madrid (January 2010 – October 2012) with specializing in Diabetic Foot Unit. Universidad Complutense of Madrid.
- Podiatrist in Hamad Medical Corporation Doha, Qatar from April 2014 to July 2017.
- Working in Dubai since September 2017 in renowned medical centers.
- Currently Podiatrist at DMPrevent, located at American Spine Center in Dubai Healthcare City.
Areas of interest and scope of practice include:
- Comprehensive management of Diabetic foot syndrome, from prevention measurements, to advanced treatment of complications.
- General podiatric care, including skin conditions, ingrown toenails, fungal infections, planar warts, etc.
- Biomechanics: Gait analysis, sport injuries, pathologies associated to biomechanical impairments, custom made orthotics.
- Comprehensive treatments Flat foot, high arch foot, metatarsal pain, heel pain, etc.
- Sports injuries.
- Pediatric foot & ankle and lower limb conditions.
- Surgery of foot and ankle.
- Regenerative medicine treatments on foot and ankle conditions (stem cells therapy) for common conditions such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, etc.